Share your research with
all the family
Have your family history research made into a beautifully designed and printed book that you can share with all your family and friends. An ideal special gift that will be looked at for years to come.
You probably have a family tree on one of the popular genealogy websites already, but that's not always easy to share with everyone. A book is a lot more portable and
can include much more visual material than the
Where do you start? Well, on the right are a few
brief tips to help get you started. Hopefully, you
have already got beyond the basics. If you haven't,
then we can help you. Below is a step-by-step guide
to how we can turn your research into a book.
How does it work?
- Fill out the Book Enquiry form. Give as much information as possible please about the material you have.
- Contact. We will make contact with you, possibly by telephone, to talk through the project in more detail.
- Estimate. Based on the information supplied, we will give you a realistic estimate of how much the project will cost. Book printing costs are fixed and are shown in the table below.
- Agree a cost estimate. There will also be a few terms and conditions to agree to, just so we both know what is going on.
- Upload material. You will be sent a link to a form where you can upload your text and images etc. You must supply your own scans of family photos. We cannot accept material in the post.
- Agree structure of the book. If you don't already have one, we can make a few suggestions.
- Design of the book. The exciting part begins! You will be involved at every stage of the process.
- Supply a proof. We will send you a draft copy as a PDF for your approval or revisions.
- Revisions and corrections. Then a final draft copy for your approval.
- Payment. This has to be done before the book can be sent to print. At this stage you also decide how many copies you want and you will be given a final price including delivery. You can always order more copies later. Payment is made via PayPal.
- Print and delivery. Your book is finally in your hands!
- PLEASE NOTE: due to the complexity of the process and the need for constant communication, we can only accept enquiries in English.
Click on the image above for some page examples.
How long will it take?
Good question. The printing will take approximately 7 working days once your payment has been made.
Design and production of the book may take about three weeks depending on how many pages there are and the content on those pages. Also, it may depend on how quickly you respond to emails or upload material. We'll keep you informed of the progress.
How much will it cost?
The book printing and delivery costs are fixed, so you know how much it will cost if you order 20 copies or just one. Design and production costs are based on the time spent, the number of pages and if any additional research is required. The charts below give guide prices for book printing only. Delivery and tax not included (no VAT for UK). Price is per book. Discounts are available on orders over 10 books.
Print options and pricing
|Hardcover with imagewrap|
8x10 inch, 20x25cm
10x8 inch, 25x20cm
Costs for above 160 pages on request.
- Choose a starting point
Will you start with yourself, your parents, or grandparents? A single line of descent back to the earliest or several lines?
- Define the scope of your book
Your book could be a narrative story or a collection of family photos and anecdotes. Or perhaps it will cover a whole community or a single surname?
- Make it personal
Dates and facts are essential, but don't forget the small details like childhood memories and family traditions. These help to bring your story alive for the reader.
- Choose themes
Immigration, military service, city life, rural life etc. all help to give focus to your story.
- Include records and documents
Census, birth, marriage and death records all help to tell the story. More records are being made available all the time. We can help you with some basic research.
- Include background research
Don't forget to include some wider background history that helps to put your family story into context. People very often move their families for a reason, usually to find work or a better life.
- Include contents and sources
Contents will be included automatically, but listing sources helps give the book some authority and scope for others to carry on the research.
- Organize your research
When you submit your research to us, it helps if it's well organized. If it isn't, then we can help you.